Monday 11 December 2017

Advent Day 10 - Barley

One of the challenges of holding down a full time job in the Midlands is that it can be difficult to travel very far. while others go for long trips into the Highlands or the lakes, I have to be content generally with what is in my local area.

Late summer I got quite interested in fields of barley. As a midland lad, I have a fascination with waves but it is rare I get a chance to take photos of them.

However when a wind blows across a wheat or barley field, sometimes I imagine  it as a wave spreading across the field.

I became quite obsessed with taking images of a local barley field and tried a number of different views. Backlit, IR, close-up, etc.








However the closest I got to my vision was when I used ICM to represent the barley movement


This is my wave of barley. Not as impressive as Rachel Talibart perhaps, but a lot closer to home

No comments:

Post a Comment